Lightweight Mobility Scooter - Take It With You!
Welcome to LightweightMobilityScooter.com! On this site you will find manufacturers and suppliers of all kinds of lightweight mobility scooters available today.
But which brand to buy? What type of a mobility scooter to buy? Which one will best suit my needs? What accessories will I need?
These are great questions. Here are a few more questions you can ask yourself before you go out and purchase a mobility scooter. When you know what you want, and when you know what to look for, making your decision about the brand or the model will not be hard at all.
Here are the top decisions you want to make regarding your new lightweight mobility scooter:
- 3 Wheel vs 4 Wheel: Lightweight mobility scooters usually come in both 3 wheel and 4 wheel variations. You will find out that the 3 wheel mobility scooters are much more maneuverable than the 4 wheel mobility scooters because they can make sharper turns. That comes very handy in small places, especially indoors.
- Maneuverability vs. Comfort: Usually, you will find the more maneuverable mobile scooters to be less comfortable.
- Size vs. Comfort: Sometimes you will need to make a decision whether you want more comfort, such as comfortable chair with soft armrests and headrest, or do you just want a small mobility scooter that will take you from place A to place B and will be the simplest to handle, transport and stove away.
- Heaviest Piece When Disassembled: Depending on your strength, you will want to know whether your electric mobility scooter folds or disassembles, and what is the weight of the heaviest piece. This will be important when you'll want to take your light weight mobility scooter on trips, even just to the nearby mall.
- Ground Clearance: Many folks forget about this very important element when they are looking into mini mobility scooter choices. Depending whether you live in the city or suburbs, and depending on the quality of your sidewalks, you might want to consider higher ground clearance for a more comfortable ride. If you are planning to use the mobility scooter indoors only, the ground clearance does not matter as much.
- Accessories: Finally, you want to consider purchasing accessories at the same time as you are purchasing the mobility scooter. The accessories include: an armrest bag, light, seat covers, scooter covers. Sure enough, a lot of the accessory choices will depend on your intended use. Do you plan to ride the scooter at dusk or at night? Do you plan to carry groceries or other items with you? Keep the questions like that in mind as you go over your choices of mobility scooters.
Now that you have considered the kinds of decisions that come into play when you are purchasing a mobility scooter, and after you have answered the above questions for yourself, you will be well equipped to start browsing the stores, both online and offline, and figure out what lightweight mobility scooter will work best for your circumstances and requirements.
You will find on this site reviews of several portable, light and ultra light mobility scooters. Check out reviews of Hoveround mobility scooters, Amigo mobile scooter, the up-and-coming CTM mobility scooters, fabulous Pride Go Go mobility scooters, and folding mobility scooters like Shoprider travel mobility scooters.
When you are done with your reviews, you will know much more about the benefits of individual scooters, where to buy them, prices and avalable discounts. So get out and start making some buying decisions! Enjoy your new found mobility!